Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by ma qiang <ma...@gmail.com> on 2008/01/21 12:21:29 UTC

how to read a table in hbase from the first row to the last?

Dear colleagues:
         I am writing some code about reading a table in hbase from
the first row to the last . Can you tell me how ?
         Thank you !

Re: how to read a table in hbase from the first row to the last?

Posted by edward yoon <ed...@mail.udanax.org>.
Use the scanner as describe below:

HTable table = new HTable(HBaseConfiguration conf, Text tableName);
HScannerInterface scan = table.obtainScanner(Text[] columns, new Text(""));

HStoreKey key = new HStoreKey();
TreeMap<Text, byte[]> results = new TreeMap<Text, byte[]>();

while (scan.next(key, results) {
  ..
}

--