Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by DHast <ha...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/15 16:56:48 UTC

do NOT want to stem plurals for a particular field, or words

I have a field where there are items that are plurals, and used as very
specific locators, so i do a solr search type:articles, and it translates it
into : type:article, then into type:articl... is tehre a way to stop it from
doing this on either the field "type" or on a list of words "articles,
notes, etc"

i tried enering into the protwords.txt file and dont seem to get any where

Re: faceted query not working as i expected

Posted by Jonathan Vanasco <jv...@2xlp.com>.
Thank you Ahmet.

I forgot to encapuslate the searched string in quotations.

Posted by AHMET ARSLAN <io...@yahoo.com>.

Re: do NOT want to stem plurals for a particular field, or words

Posted by Alexey Serba <as...@gmail.com>.
>  You can enable/disable stemming per field type in the schema.xml, by
> removing the stemming filters from the type definition.
>
> Basically, copy your prefered type, rename it to something like
> 'text_nostem', remove the stemming filter from the type and use your
> 'text_nostem' type for your field 'type' .
+ you can search in both fields text_stemmed and text_exact using
DisMax handler and boost text_exact matching. Thus if you search for
'articles' you'll get all results with 'articles' and 'article', but
exact match will be on top.

Re: do NOT want to stem plurals for a particular field, or words

Posted by Jérôme Etévé <je...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

  You can enable/disable stemming per field type in the schema.xml, by
removing the stemming filters from the type definition.

Basically, copy your prefered type, rename it to something like
'text_nostem', remove the stemming filter from the type and use your
'text_nostem' type for your field 'type' .

By what you say, I guess your field 'type' will be even more happier
to simply be of type 'string' .

Jerome.

2009/9/15 DHast <ha...@gmail.com>:

> I have a field where there are items that are plurals, and used as very
> specific locators, so i do a solr search type:articles, and it translates it
> into : type:article, then into type:articl... is tehre a way to stop it from
> doing this on either the field "type" or on a list of words "articles,
> notes, etc"
>
> i tried enering into the protwords.txt file and dont seem to get any where

Jerome Eteve.
http://www.eteve.net
jerome@eteve.net