Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by eric b <er...@free.fr> on 2011/12/19 18:23:33 UTC

[code] Notes on the Windows version

Hello the list,

Here is a copy-paste of some notes I wrote for the Windows version.
If I remember correctly, there are some Oracle traces remaining,
mostly when using the MSI.

Notes about the Windows version :

1) MS Installer :

The following icons need to be modified/removed

ooobanner.bmp
ooobitmap.bmp
ooosdkbanner.bmp

3) These icon names are used in : instsetoo_native/util/openoffice.lst
e.g. can we create new icons, and change the names ?

4) Still mandatory

Replace the Logo containing Oracle.
Location:  ooo_custom_images

5) Survey : appears when uninstalling

Do we keep the survey  thing ?
Location in the code : setup_native/source/win32/customactions/
relnotes/relnotes.cxx
If to be removed, we can add : +remove the stuff about
ShowSurveyAfter in scp2  ?

6)  + what I forgot ... (please complete)

Thanks in advance !!

Eric

--
qɔᴉɹə
Blog : http://eric.bachard.org/news

RE: [code] Notes on the Windows version

Posted by "Dennis E. Hamilton" <de...@acm.org>.
Thanks for these.

I have a complete set of screen captures heading for the OOOUSERS Wiki and that can be annotated with all of the findings, known changes needed, etc.

I will finish that today in UTC-0800 now that I have image-uploading working correctly and various observations and suggestions can be added in.  These can be updated as new builds make changes too.

 - Dennis

Posted by drew <dr...@baseanswers.com>.
On Wed, 2011-12-21 at 18:56 -0800, Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:
> You can also look at this and identify proposed modifications point-by-point (or by cross-referencing) on this wiki page: <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Win-en-x86-Setup>.
>
> I'm going to blend in Eric's comments and also link to a bugzilla issue already raised on this theme once I have all of the screen captures up there.
>
> (There's some commentary about icons too.)
>
>  - Dennis

Excellent - I hadn't browsed that page yet..

//drew

<snip>

RE: [code] Notes on the Windows version

On Mon, 2011-12-19 at 19:13 +0100, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
> On 12/19/11 6:23 PM, eric b wrote:
> > Hello the list,
> >

> > Here is a copy-paste of some notes I wrote for the Windows version. If I
> > remember correctly, there are some Oracle traces remaining, mostly when
> > using the MSI.
> >

> > Notes about the Windows version :
> >
> > 1) MS Installer :
> >
> > The following icons need to be modified/removed
> >
> > ooobanner.bmp
> > ooobitmap.bmp
> > ooosdkbanner.bmp
> >
> > 3) These icon names are used in : instsetoo_native/util/openoffice.lst
> > e.g. can we create new icons, and change the names ?
> why renaming? Let us simply replace them with new ones.

Hi,

OK - a little off topic, but a good place to break in I suppose.

There was also a basic install graphic (image.bmp).. I went ahead and
made two possible replacements for the file:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOOLogo+proposal

They are about mid way down the page..

Looking for feedback on the ideas..and if other folks have not started
on those other images I could follow up, after the feedback, on those
also.

Best wishes,

//drew

<snip>

Re: [code] Notes on the Windows version

Posted by drew <dr...@baseanswers.com>.

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@googlemail.com>.
On 12/19/11 6:23 PM, eric b wrote:
> Hello the list,
>

> Here is a copy-paste of some notes I wrote for the Windows version. If I
> remember correctly, there are some Oracle traces remaining, mostly when
> using the MSI.
>

> Notes about the Windows version :
>
> 1) MS Installer :
>
> The following icons need to be modified/removed
>
> ooobanner.bmp
> ooobitmap.bmp
> ooosdkbanner.bmp
>
> 3) These icon names are used in : instsetoo_native/util/openoffice.lst
> e.g. can we create new icons, and change the names ?
why renaming? Let us simply replace them with new ones.

> 4) Still mandatory
>
> Replace the Logo containing Oracle.
> Location: ooo_custom_images
simple to change but we need new ones

> 5) Survey : appears when uninstalling
>
> Do we keep the survey thing ?
> Location in the code :
> setup_native/source/win32/customactions/relnotes/relnotes.cxx
> If to be removed, we can add : +remove the stuff about ShowSurveyAfter
> in scp2 ?

i think we can definitely disable it for now but maybe we can reuse it
at a later time if we see demand for such a survey. I am not sure right now.

Juergen