Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Harish Krishnaswamy <hk...@comcast.net> on 2004/03/15 23:10:05 UTC

[Result] Re: [VOTE] release 3.0rc1

RLS, GL, HK, EH, DS, MB, HLS: +1
NC, TS: +0 (No Response)

I shall build the release tonight. I shall everyone know before I start.

-Harish

Re: [Result] Re: [VOTE] release 3.0rc1

Posted by Harish Krishnaswamy <hk...@comcast.net>.

Erik Hatcher wrote:

>> I already updated the site yesterday, so that should be all set.
>

> Nice!  One step ahead of me.
>
> Well, we can officially announce it once we see it appear here:
>
>     http://jakarta.apache.org/site/binindex.cgi
>
> For now it'll still appear in the Milestone Builds section, but I
> could promote it up if you like.

Yeah, its weird to think that there has not been a release for Tapestry
under Jakarta after almost a year and a half ;) Although I am not sure
an rc would qualify for a release.

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.

Posted by Harish Krishnaswamy <hk...@comcast.net>.

Erik Hatcher wrote:

> I have uploaded all the files to the right place for the release.
>
> Harish - could you please confirm that things look good with the
> release on the Apache download page?

Yeah the mirrors haven't caught up. I suppose they will be updated every
night?

>   (it will take some time for the  mirrors to catch up, though).  I
> updated the binindex and sourceindex  files in jakarta-site2 as well,
> and these probably take some time to  update as well.  I checked at
> www.apache.org/dist and all was well  there.
>
> Also, Harish - do you want to update the website?  I'm not sure what
> is  involved to do that, but I can try it later tonight if you do not
> get a  chance.

I already updated the site yesterday, so that should be all set.

>     Erik

-Harish

Posted by Harish Krishnaswamy <hk...@comcast.net>.

Erik Hatcher wrote:

> Ok, RC1 is now official on the binary pages.  All mirrors may not
> have  updated yet, but it is listed at:
>
>     http://jakarta.apache.org/site/binindex.cgi
>
> Harish - want to make the appropriate announcements everywhere?  We
> should also post this to all the relevant forums like jGuru,
> JavaLobby,  TheServerSide, etc.  It would be good to get the buzz out
> in a pretty  major way for Tap 3.0.

I just made the announcement to all jakarta mailing lists but
unfortunately someone else has to make the announcements on the other
forums. I will be mostly offline today, we are moving our office closer
to my home!

>     Erik

-Harish

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.

Posted by Harish Krishnaswamy <hk...@comcast.net>.
Yes, the *web*.tar.gz is simply the website.

-Harish

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.

Posted by Harish Krishnaswamy <hk...@comcast.net>.