Posted to general@attic.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2010/11/03 10:45:06 UTC

Projects.a.o - how to handle projects in the Attic?

I originally asked this on the site-dev list (and got no reply), but
having read the Attic web-site, it looks like the DOAPs are supposed
to be updated when moved to the Attic.

I think I can grant myself permission to fix the incorrect DOAPs - is
it OK if I start on this?

=====
At present, there is just one project which is shown as being in the
Attic, which is Beehive.

The parent PMC is identified by a line in the project DOAP file, e.g.
for Beehive:

 <Project rdf:about="http://beehive.apache.org">
   <name>Apache Beehive</name>
   <homepage rdf:resource="http://beehive.apache.org" />
   <asfext:pmc rdf:resource="http://attic.apache.org" />

Now the DOAPs are normally in the project SVN which is marked
read-only when in the Attic.

If it is OK to update the DOAP in each Attic project, then I can start
making the changes.

WDYT?

Re: Projects.a.o - how to handle projects in the Attic?

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@odoko.co.uk>.
Mine were just suggestions - I'm quite happy for you to do as you need -
if that is to edit the doap files in trunk for relevant projects.

Upayavira

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@odoko.co.uk>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mads Toftum <ma...@toftum.dk>.

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@odoko.co.uk>.
How about we copy the doap files over to a writable attic location, and
change the references to point to those files?

That way, we can continue to update our doaps as needs require.

Upayavia