Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Ovidiu Feodorov <ov...@novaordis.com> on 2009/07/02 15:29:08 UTC

Is there a way to provide to Maven a custom SVN log message during release:prepare?

I would like to augment, during the release:prepare phase, the standard
SVN commit message generated by Maven.

Is there a way to do that?

Thanks
Ovidui

Re: Is there a way to provide to Maven a custom SVN log message during release:prepare?

Posted by Ovidiu Feodorov <ov...@novaordis.com>.
Ovidiu Feodorov wrote:

> Now that I am thinking about it, what would it be really cool was be
> to be able to specify something like:
>
>                 <configuration>
>
> <scmCommentTemplate>path_to_template</scmCommentTemplate>
>                 </configuration>
>
> or similar, where template could use substitutions for
> ${maven.version}, etc.

... or at least

                <configuration>
                    <scmComment>path_to_comment_file</scmComment>
                </configuration>

Re: Is there a way to provide to Maven a custom SVN log message during release:prepare?

Posted by Ovidiu Feodorov <ov...@novaordis.com>.
Thanks for replying.

I've seen that, but I interpreted it as what it says it is: a "prefix"
for an automatically Maven-generated message.

It seems to (correctly) generate something along the lines of:

    [maven-release-plugin] prepare release maven-release-experiment-1.0.1

I was thinking about generating something like:

    Release 2.5.7.3 (r12385)

    Blah Blah

    This is the release you were all waiting for, it solves all the
    world's problems and then some.

    Tests 3834/3/34

This kind of messages are very useful to subscribers of the SVN commit
list (they are to our bunch of developers, anyway). I guess I could
simulate that using scmCommentPrefix, though I don't know how to get rid
of "prepare release <tag>". I probably can live with that ...

Now that I am thinking about it, what would it be really cool was be to
be able to specify something like:

                <configuration>

<scmCommentTemplate>path_to_template</scmCommentTemplate>
                </configuration>

or similar, where template could use substitutions for ${maven.version},
etc.

If you think it's useful, I volunteer to implement it.

Cheers,
Ovidiu

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.