Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Pavel Moravec <pm...@redhat.com> on 2011/05/17 12:06:08 UTC

How to safely purge persistent queue content

Hello all,
is there a way how to safely purge all persistent messages stored in one persistent queue? Can be in this case command:

qpid_config del queue <queue_name> --force-if-not-empty

safely used? I.e. will it delete also files on disk where the persistent messages are stored? Or shall the journal files ( /var/lib/qpidd/rhm/jrnl/*/<queue_name>/* ) be manually deleted?

Thank in advance for comments.

Kind regards,
Pavel

Re: How to safely purge persistent queue content

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.
On 05/17/2011 11:06 AM, Pavel Moravec wrote:
> Hello all,
> is there a way how to safely purge all persistent messages stored in one persistent queue?

You want to purge only the persistent messages? Or purge all messages,
ensuring the persistent ones are removed from the store?

> Can be in this case command:
>
> qpid_config del queue<queue_name>  --force-if-not-empty
>
> safely used? I.e. will it delete also files on disk where the persistent messages are stored? Or shall the journal files ( /var/lib/qpidd/rhm/jrnl/*/<queue_name>/* ) be manually deleted?

That will delete the entire queue (including any persistent record of
it). That may or may not be what you want to do.

There is a management method to purge the queue. (If you use AMQP 0-10
directly there is also a queue-purge command defined there; I'd
recommend using the management method though).

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Re: How to safely purge persistent queue content

Posted by Pavel Moravec <pm...@redhat.com>.
Answering to myself:

qpid-config del queue <queue_name> --force

does the required properly.

Kind regards,
Pavel