Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by "Robert S. Thau" <rs...@ai.mit.edu> on 1996/04/17 04:13:08 UTC

"Memory hog alert"...

One thing we might want to do before 1.1 final (perhaps even before
1.1b0) is nuke the "memory hog alert" error message from http_main.c.
This originally crept into the code back when the current code base
was still my Shambhala project, and I was trying to figure out why
particular requests blew the process size up to a megabyte.  It's safe
to say that it's outlived its usefulness for that purpose by a long
shot ;-).

Since the thing has no value whatever to end users, and invariably
confuses the hell out of the ones who notice it, I think there's a
strong case for getting rid of the thing, or at least #ifdeffing it
out, in the stock distribution.

Any comments?

rst