Posted to community@apache.org by Brian Behlendorf <br...@hyperreal.org> on 2007/05/28 23:14:29 UTC

passing along a request for a mentor for a mod_rdf project

Last week I spoke at a conference in Romania, and heard about a group in a
town called Iosi sponsoring something of a mini-Summer-of-Code for
Romanian CS students:

http://oscar.info.uaic.ro/?q=node/32

One of the proposed projects is described as:

   3)Apache mod_rdf (OP03)
   Creation of an Apache module that can transcribe an HTTP message flow
   (received and sent by the server) in RDF terms, in accordance with HTTP
   Vocabulary in RDF

The Romanian team to work on this hasn't yet self-identified, but they're
looking for folks outside the U.S. willing to lend an hour a week or less
in technical guidance.  It could also be a good way to spread some of that
"Apache Way" of writing code; of particular importance here as the team
is likely to be in the same location and so using mailing lists for
discussion, etc., will probably not be second nature.

If you're interested let me know and I'll introduce you to the
coordinators.  Thanks.

 	Brian