Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by "Levy, Shahar" <Sh...@bmc.com> on 2008/08/07 12:17:06 UTC

Question

Hi,

Several days ago, I submitted the following question:

Hello,

When invalid value is specified for an element of the "restriction"

type, the message reported by Xerces parser (SAX) does not contain the
problematic element name - only the invalid value and line & column in
the source XML. For example: Datatype error:

Type:InvalidDatatypeValueException, Message:Value 'xxx2' is not in
enumeration . Line: 2 Column: 361

Are improvements (specifically specification of the problematic element

name) planned for error messages, which are reported by Xerces parser
(SAX)?

Regards,

Shahar.

I got the below reply and it looks like this is not clear enough.

Can you please review the question above?

Regards,

Shahar.

Shahar Levy
Software Engineer                                       Voice: + 972 3
6451716
CONTROL-M/Enterprise Manager                Fax:   + 972 3 6451100
BMC Software
shahar_levy@bmc.com <ma...@bmc.com>

Re: Question

Posted by Alberto Massari <am...@datadirect.com>.
Hi Levy,
this is the first message from you that is posted to the c-dev mailing
list; are you sure you sent it to the correct address?
As for your question, there are no improvements planned for that error
message; if you wish, add a request for improvement in the Jira database.

Alberto