Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by "Elapavuluri, Jaya" <Ja...@netapp.com> on 2014/07/28 21:55:11 UTC

building cloudstack

Hello,

I had setup cloudstack 4.4 environment which was running fine.

I recently did a git pull to get the updates after which when I tried  to mvn -Pdeveloper -pl developer -Ddeploydb I was encountering with the following error.

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.codehaus.mojo:exec-maven-plugin:1.2.1:java (create-schema) on project cloud-developer: An exception occured while executing the Java class. null: InvocationTargetException: The end upgrade version is actually at 4.4.0 but our management server code version is at 4.4.1-SNAPSHOT -> [Help 1]

However mvn -P developer,systemvm clean install gives a build success.

Can someone share their knowledge on this?

RE: building cloudstack

Posted by "Elapavuluri, Jaya" <Ja...@netapp.com>.
I did a git pull and tried but still I got the same error.
I shall try once again and check.

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.

Re: building cloudstack

Posted by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com>.
Hi Jaya,

The database upgrade path issue was fixed.

This looks like mvn/dependency error. Just git pull the latest on 4.4
branch and do a mvn clean install. If problem persists, remove ~/.m2 and
start over.

Regards.

Re: building cloudstack

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.
Jaya,

You can go back to any commit id you want. I don't think you'll find
much going backwards but it is nice trouble shooting the code. In your
case my thoughts go to the build environment as you fail to build
versions that others have build successfully.

best do a git pull and try mvn clean test install again. next run the
jetty command to see what happens. If it fails all the output is
relevant. you best put it in a paste bin to share it. it will be to
much to mail.

regards,
Daan

--