Posted to rampart-dev@ws.apache.org by Glen Daniels <gl...@thoughtcraft.com> on 2010/09/01 03:00:45 UTC

Re: Build failures in Rampart 1.5?

On 8/30/2010 5:43 PM, Andreas Veithen wrote:
> I also fixed (r965136) another issue on the trunk that (I believe)
> affected the same test cases. Maybe you are seeing that issue?

OK, update follows...  sorry for the long note!

The summary: AbstractHTTPSender r958718 (Jarek's original change) both works
with Rampart and does not seem to regenerate the CLOSE_WAIT issues.  I'd vote
that we go with that one for 1.5.2.  Rampart builds seem broken with 1.5.1
but work with 1.5.2, so we should do a Rampart release soon after Axis2.  We
should also test Axis2 1.5.2 with Sandesha if we haven't already (?).

The longer version...

Building Rampart 1.5 does not seem to be possible with Axis2 1.5.1 in any
configuration I've found. :(  I guess the signatures of a few Xalan classes
changed between 2.7.0 and 2.7.1, and I can't find a way to get the transitive
dependencies to cooperate and produce a successful build on the branch.  This
seems bad - however, I assume that the problem is really just with the tests,
since we haven't heard reports that Rampart isn't actually working with
1.5.1.  All the following results are regarding Rampart's 1.5 branch:

* Building with the checked-in POM, which uses Axis2 1.5.1, produces the test
failures discussed on this thread, which are rooted in a missing method in
org.apache.xml.serializer.Encodings.

* Building with Axis2 1.5.1 with all the transitive Xalan 2.7.0 dependencies
excluded manually and the 2.7.1 dependency added manually (essentially your
change above, Andreas) produces a "java.lang.IllegalAccessError: tried to
access class org.apache.xml.serializer.ExtendedContentHandler from class
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl" when trying to do codegen - for
some reason this doesn't stop the build right there, but it fails as soon as
the generated code isn't found.

* Building with Axis2 1.5.2-SNAPSHOT appears to work fine, and actually works
with either r990467 of the Axis2 1.5 branch, or with an AbstractHTTPSender
version modified to match r958718 (in other words, with Jarek's original
change).  Also confirmed that this version avoids the Windows connection
starvation issue.

Note that Rampart trunk builds fine for me with 1.5.2-SNAPSHOT, even without
Andreas' Xalan-related POM modifications.  I guess Xalan 2.7.0 was getting
pulled in by Axis2 1.5.1 and not opensaml after all?

Anyway, go back up and reread the summary + apology at the top. :)

Thanks,
--Glen

P.S. On another note, I'm not sure why Rampart depends on both
opensaml/opensaml/1.1 and org.opensaml/opensaml/2.2.3... are those not
different versions of the same thing?  The build fails if you remove either,
so I'm wondering what's up there....

Re: Build failures in Rampart 1.5?

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com>.
All,

The Rampart tests now succeed with Axis2 SNAPSHOT and 1.5.2-SNAPSHOT.
However, as expected, there are build failures in Sandesha2. I will
restart the release process to get 1.5.2 out. Please shout if you
still see an issue.

Andreas

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com>.
All,