Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Javier Fernández <fe...@alumnos.uva.es> on 2001/04/18 10:37:48 UTC

installing Cocoon inside Tomcat

Hi,
How can we install Cocoon in Tomcat?. We have followed the steps in the page of  Tomcat, but it does not start. We have Tomcat alone, without Apache.
What are we something wrong?.

Thanks, and sorry for my English.

Re: installing Cocoon inside Tomcat

Posted by Samuel ARNOD-PRIN <sa...@smile.ch>.
> Javier Fernández a écrit :
>
> Hi,
> How can we install Cocoon in Tomcat?. We have followed the steps in
> the page of  Tomcat, but it does not start. We have Tomcat alone,
> without Apache.
> What are we something wrong?.

Hello

you'd better ask on cocoon-user list.
What is the problem ??
it is very simple to install cocoon 1.8.2 on tomcat :

first put the following jar files on tomcat/lib :
- cocoon-classes
- fop
- turbine-pool
- w3c
- xalan
- xerces

then be sure the cocoon servelt is added into web.xml and loaded
correctly at startup
put a run-at-startup tag into the servelt.

then look in your shell console if the servlet is well loaded

then call

yourserver/Cocoon.xml

it is hard to answer to your problem because you don't say what is
happening...