Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org> on 2015/04/13 07:34:42 UTC

preparing sprint-3 branch for release

Igniters,

I would like to start preparing spirnt-3 branch for 1.1 release. I may be
sending follow up emails to some of you to find out status of some
currently failing tests on TeamCity.

Please avoid commits to that branch unless absolutely necessary.

D.

Re: preparing sprint-3 branch for release

Posted by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Apr 13, 2015 at 3:08 PM, Branko Čibej <br...@apache.org> wrote:

> On 13.04.2015 00:34, Dmitriy Setrakyan wrote:
> > Igniters,
> >
> > I would like to start preparing spirnt-3 branch for 1.1 release. I may be
> > sending follow up emails to some of you to find out status of some
> > currently failing tests on TeamCity.
> >
> > Please avoid commits to that branch unless absolutely necessary.
>

> One thing I'd like to see for this next release is a document with
> step-by-step instructions for creating and publishing the release,
> including building and signing the convenience binaries. That will make
> it easier for anyone to step up as release manager, and less likely that
> any mistakes happen during the release process.
>
> Ideally, this "document" would be some kind of runnable script.

Brane, I believe this process has been automated completely. Can someone
comment?

Posted by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Apr 13, 2015 at 3:08 PM, Branko Čibej <br...@apache.org> wrote:

> On 13.04.2015 00:34, Dmitriy Setrakyan wrote:
> > Igniters,
> >
> > I would like to start preparing spirnt-3 branch for 1.1 release. I may be
> > sending follow up emails to some of you to find out status of some
> > currently failing tests on TeamCity.
> >
> > Please avoid commits to that branch unless absolutely necessary.
>

> One thing I'd like to see for this next release is a document with
> step-by-step instructions for creating and publishing the release,
> including building and signing the convenience binaries. That will make
> it easier for anyone to step up as release manager, and less likely that
> any mistakes happen during the release process.
>
> Ideally, this "document" would be some kind of runnable script.

Brane, please take a look at DEVNOTES.txt in ignite-sprint-4 branch:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-ignite.git;a=blob_plain;f=DEVNOTES.txt;hb=refs/heads/ignite-sprint-4

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@apache.org>.