Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> on 2015/01/23 00:03:37 UTC

sling-trunk buildbot CI build causing problems

Sling developers,

The sling-trunk CI build managed to kill one of the buildbot slaves by
filling this directory with files until the file system ran out of inodes:
/home/buildslave3/slave3/sling-trunk/build/testing/samples/integration-tests/sling/default/jackrabbit/workspaces/default/index

There were so many files ls hung for 5+ minutes without any output.

I have started to clean this up (rm -rf
/home/buildslave3/slave3/sling-trunk) and that looks like it is going to
take at least several hours to complete.

The next CI build should re-checkout sling-trunk so your CI builds
should be unaffected. However, please could you take a look at the
buildbot configuration for this build and figure out a) why this
happened and b) how to stop it happening again.

Cheers,

Mark
on behalf of the ASF Infra team

Re: sling-trunk buildbot CI build causing problems

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@lmn.ro>.
On Mon, Feb 16, 2015 at 4:16 AM, Felix Meschberger <fm...@adobe.com> wrote:
> - private@sling, infra@
>
> Hi
>
> Do we know what causes this ? If we don’t I suggest we stop the builds for now and have someone investigate.

+1

IIRC we set up buildbot since Jenkins was not stable, but IMO it got
much better in the last months.

Robert

--
Sent from my (old) computer

Re: sling-trunk buildbot CI build causing problems

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@adobe.com>.
- private@sling, infra@

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
Sling developers,

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Hi Mark,

On Fri, Jan 23, 2015 at 12:03 AM, Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> wrote:
> ...However, please could you take a look at the
> buildbot configuration for this build and figure out a) why this
> happened and b) how to stop it happening again....

For now, feel free to disable those jobs while we discuss a solution
within the Sling team.

-Bertrand

Re: sling-trunk buildbot CI build causing problems

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Hi,

On Fri, Jan 23, 2015 at 2:23 PM, Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org> wrote:
> ...I'm wondering if we still need the buildbot setup as the Jenkins
> builds seem to be (mostly) stable these days....

Right, I agree that we could remove the buildbot setup for now.

-Bertrand

Re: sling-trunk buildbot CI build causing problems

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Jan 23, 2015 at 1:03 AM, Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> wrote:
> Sling developers,
>
> The sling-trunk CI build managed to kill one of the buildbot slaves by
> filling this directory with files until the file system ran out of inodes:
> /home/buildslave3/slave3/sling-trunk/build/testing/samples/integration-tests/sling/default/jackrabbit/workspaces/default/index
>
> There were so many files ls hung for 5+ minutes without any output.
>
> I have started to clean this up (rm -rf
> /home/buildslave3/slave3/sling-trunk) and that looks like it is going to
> take at least several hours to complete.
>
> The next CI build should re-checkout sling-trunk so your CI builds
> should be unaffected. However, please could you take a look at the
> buildbot configuration for this build and figure out a) why this
> happened and b) how to stop it happening again.

(Moving the discussion to dev@ only while we try to find a solution)

Does anyone have any idea about why this happens?