Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by c....@pobox.com on 2001/02/07 14:01:14 UTC

Sessions within embperl

I can't seem to get this to work?  I can check both %udat and %mdat,
and I see the _session_id (they are different values), but if I assign
anything to the hash, it doesn't seem to go beyond the page I assign
it.  I see information making it to the database, but only two rows in
the database for three variables worth of information?

Can anyone offer any enlightenment on how to use these?

--
C Wayne Huling <c....@pobox.com>

Re: Sessions within embperl

Posted by Michael Smith <mj...@iii.co.uk>.
Yup, the problem with DBD-Oracle was that AutoCommitting of blobs didn't
work.  From Tim Bunce:

--

Ah, there are issues with BLOBS and AutoCommit.

Hack the source:

Near the top of post_execute_lobs():

D_imp_dbh_from_sth;
SV *dbh = DBIc_MY_H(imp_dbh);

And at the very bottom of the function:

if (DBIc_has(imp_dbh,DBIcf_AutoCommit))
dbd_db_commit(dbh, imp_dbh);
return 1;

Tim.

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.

Re: Sessions within embperl

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.

> I can't seem to get this to work?  I can check both %udat and %mdat,
> and I see the _session_id (they are different values), but if I assign
> anything to the hash, it doesn't seem to go beyond the page I assign
> it.  I see information making it to the database, but only two rows in
> the database for three variables worth of information?

The database will only contain one record per session, regardless how much
variables you store there

> Can anyone offer any enlightenment on how to use these?

Which version of Embperl and Apache::Session ?

How do you have setup session management in your httpd.conf ?

Gerald