Posted to users@jena.apache.org by Amal Sultan <am...@cas.edu.om> on 2015/04/22 09:22:57 UTC

SPARQL Query Generation

Hello All !

I am working on a Semantic Web Project where the user enters text query
like "US president " and I have to generate automatic sparql query based on
user's input text to retrieve results from TDB triple store.

I am confused how to select subject, predicate and object.

Though translating natural language into SPARQL queries is not an easy task
.

Are there any helpful tools in Jena to generate sparql query from English
query.

Example:

SQUALL sentence:

How many person-s are an author of PaperX?

SPARQL translation:

SELECT DISTINCT (COUNT(DISTINCT ?x2) AS ?x1) WHERE {
?x2 a :person .
:PaperX :author ?x2 .
}

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Amal

Re: SPARQL Query Generation

Posted by Milorad Tosic <mb...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Amal,
That is a very interesting research question. We have given it some initial thoughts but far from any practical solution. Please keep us posted on your progress and let us know if you have any published work on that topic either your own or from other authors.
RegardsMilorad

Re: SPARQL Query Generation

Posted by Adrian Walker <ad...@gmail.com>.
Hi Amal et al,

The links and online system below are about generating SQL, not SPARQL, but
may be useful background.

HTH,  -- Adrian

www.reengineeringllc.com/internet_business_logic_in_a_nutshell.pdf

www.reengineeringllc.com/A_Wiki_for_Business_Rules_in_Open_Vocabulary_Executable_English.pdf

www.reengineeringllc.com/Oil_Industry_Supply_Chain_by_Kowalski_and_Walker.pdf

Re: SPARQL Query Generation

Posted by james anderson <ja...@dydra.com>.
good morning;

from the back of my mind, “aksw” popped up and, in fact, they have at least one link to their work in this area:

  aksw.org/Projects/AutoSPARQL

it was the top link in a google search, but google claims there appear to be numerous others.

best regards, from berlin,

> On 2015-04-22, at 09:22, Amal Sultan <am...@cas.edu.om> wrote:
>
> Hello All !
>
> I am working on a Semantic Web Project where the user enters text query
> like "US president " and I have to generate automatic sparql query based on
> user's input text to retrieve results from TDB triple store.
>
> I am confused how to select subject, predicate and object.
>
> Though translating natural language into SPARQL queries is not an easy task
> .
>
> Are there any helpful tools in Jena to generate sparql query from English
> query.
>

> Example:
>
> SQUALL sentence:
>
> How many person-s are an author of PaperX?
>
> SPARQL translation:
>
> SELECT DISTINCT (COUNT(DISTINCT ?x2) AS ?x1) WHERE {
> ?x2 a :person .
> :PaperX :author ?x2 .
> }
>

> Thanks in advance.