Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Curtis LaMasters <cu...@gmail.com> on 2008/08/28 00:07:17 UTC

RulesDuJour & Tripwire Issue

Now on to my next issue.  Thank you Dan for helping me with the last one.  I
have RulesDuJour updating (probably too often) but I'm getting the following
error.  I've been able to find the issue on Google but no resolution.
Hoping you can help me figure this out.

***WARNING***: spamassassin --lint failed.

Rolling configuration files back, not restarting SpamAssassin.

Rollback command is:  mv -f
/etc/spamassassin/tripwire.cf/etc/spamassassin/RulesDuJour/99_FVGT_Tripwire.cf.2;
mv -f
/etc/spamassassin/RulesDuJour/tripwire.cf.20080827-1656 /etc/spamassassin/
tripwire.cf;

Lint output: [14866] warn: config: failed to parse line, skipping, in
"/etc/spamassassin/tripwire.cf": <HTML><HEAD><META HTTP-EQUIV="Refresh"
CONTENT="0.1"> [14866] warn: config: failed to parse line, skipping, in
"/etc/spamassassin/tripwire.cf": <META HTTP-EQUIV="Pragma"
CONTENT="no-cache"> [14866] warn: config: failed to parse line, skipping, in
"/etc/spamassassin/tripwire.cf": <META HTTP-EQUIV="Expires" CONTENT="-1">
[14866] warn: config: failed to parse line, skipping, in "/etc/spamassassin/
tripwire.cf": </HEAD></HTML> [14866] warn: lint: 4 issues detected, please
rerun with debug enabled for more information

Curtis LaMasters
http://www.curtis-lamasters.com
http://www.builtnetworks.com

Re: RulesDuJour & Tripwire Issue

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@verizon.net>.
Curtis LaMasters wrote:
> Now on to my next issue.  Thank you Dan for helping me with the last
> one.  I have RulesDuJour updating (probably too often) but I'm getting
> the following error.  I've been able to find the issue on Google but
> no resolution.  Hoping you can help me figure this out.
RDJ is almost completely dead and obsolete. sa-update would be the
preferred way to update most rules, and with a little tweaking it can
even update rules from SARE.

Based on the results you're seeing check the URL for tripwire in your
RDJ script. I'm betting it points to a URL that's no longer serving the
tripwire file, and instead returns an error page which produces the
errors below.

Posted by Andy Sutton <ne...@pessimists.net>.
On Wed, 2008-08-27 at 23:05 -0500, Curtis LaMasters wrote:
> @Andy - I was able to parse the script that you sent me to which had
> neither my problem nor my solution

Actually it DID contain your problem AND the solution:

# Version 1.31 NOTICE! Rules du jour is no longer being maintained.  As
the author of RDJ, I recommend switching to the official update method
for spamassassin, sa-update.

That should have told you all you needed to know.

Re: RulesDuJour & Tripwire Issue

Posted by Curtis LaMasters <cu...@gmail.com>.
@Andy - I was able to parse the script that you sent me to which had neither
my problem nor my solution within it but I did find 1 problem.  On my config
it was listed as 99_FVGT_Tripwire.cf as well as the script that you sent a
link to.  However, located at the download site it was 88_FVGT_Tripwire.cf.

@Matt - Thank you, you were correct.  The download link was incorrect.  I
believe my using rulesdujour stemmed from me using outdated setup
documents.  I'll put some effort into researching that.

Thanks,