Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Dirk Slootmaekers <di...@hotmail.com> on 2006/02/03 11:57:32 UTC

mod_jk - Apache flush stream issues

hello,

I have developped a J2EE application, based on tomcat that is streaming
dynamic content into a JSP page. To do that I'm using the
writer.write("vvvvv"); command and do a response.flushbuffer()

these 2 actions are in a try and catch. When I test my application only
using tomcat and I kill the connection from the IE6 to the tomcat, tomcat
sees that the stream is dead, since the writer.write and flushbuffer produce
an exception. This is great.

The problem is now when I'm using Apache (2.0.54) with mod_jk (1.2.14) and
tomcat.

When I kill the connection between the IE6 and Apache, tomcat is not aware
of this and keeps on streaming info, eventhough I use the
response.flushbuffer. I know the issue is related with the caching and that
the mod_jk keeps open the connection, therefor tomcat does not see that the
connection with the browser is gone.

I tried several possibilities (downgading HTTP 1.1 to HTTP 1.0 on apache,
removing keepalive for mod_jk, try mod_proxy_ajp and Apache 2.2.0) but
without success.

Can somebody help me on this on?

thanks
Dirk