Posted to users@solr.apache.org by Subhajit Das <Su...@live.com> on 2021/03/06 06:39:41 UTC

Solr 8.8.1 org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn$EndOfStreamException

Hi There,

I am always getting this exception whenever trying do anything with Solr.
I got this exception when starting Solr no cloud mode with no prompt.

WARN  - 2021-03-05 23:45:11.274; org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn; An exception was thrown while closing send thread for session 0x10000112d7e0003. => EndOfStreamException: Unable to read additional data from server sessionid 0x10000112d7e0003, likely server has closed socket
        at org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxnSocketNIO.doIO(ClientCnxnSocketNIO.java:77)
org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn$EndOfStreamException: Unable to read additional data from server sessionid 0x10000112d7e0003, likely server has closed socket
        at org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxnSocketNIO.doIO(ClientCnxnSocketNIO.java:77) ~[zookeeper-3.6.2.jar:3.6.2]
        at org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxnSocketNIO.doTransport(ClientCnxnSocketNIO.java:350) ~[zookeeper-3.6.2.jar:3.6.2]
        at org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn$SendThread.run(ClientCnxn.java:1275) [zookeeper-3.6.2.jar:3.6.2]

Earlier I thought, that this exception came because of external lower zookeeper version (3.4.5). But, this is coming for both internal and external zookeeper.

Note: I seem to get rid of this exception by removing zookeeper and zookeeper-jute 3.6.2 jars from solr-webapp’s WEB-INF. I additionally removed them from solrj-lib, just in case. And, replacing with zookeeper and zookeeper-jute 3.5.9 (or 3.5.5) jars.

Please hep.

Thanks in advance.