Posted to user@flume.apache.org by "Kreutzer, Edward" <Ed...@schwab.com> on 2015/08/07 00:22:59 UTC

Flume Verbose GC Setting

Is there a way to change Flume JVM logging to verbose (or other JAVA_OPTS) other than with an environment variable or in the flume-env.sh file?  In other words, can anyone share how to set JAVA_OPTS using the command line when starting up a Flume agent?

Thanks for any insight.

Ted Kreutzer
Senior Database Developer/Engineer | IMT - Hadoop | charlesSCHWAB
ph: 415-667-8318 | e: edward.kreutzer@schwab.com<ma...@schwab.com>

WARNING: All email sent to or from the Charles Schwab corporate email system is subject to archiving, monitoring and/or review by Schwab personnel.

Re: Flume Verbose GC Setting

Posted by Ahmed Vila <av...@devlogic.eu>.
Well, if the purpose is increasing logging verbosity, I think the best
place is to change flume.root.logger to DEBUG or even TRACE level in
/etc/flume-ng/conf/log4j.properties

--

Best regards,
Ahmed Vila | Senior software developer

Office : +387 33 942 123
Mobile: +387 62 139 348

Website: www.devlogic.eu
E-mail   : avila@devlogic.eu
recipient(s) only. This email contains confidential information. It should
not be copied, disclosed to, retained or used by, any party other than the
intended recipient. Any unauthorised distribution, dissemination or copying
of this E-mail or its attachments, and/or any use of any information
contained in them, is strictly prohibited and may be illegal. If you are
not an intended recipient then please promptly delete this e-mail and any
attachment and all copies and inform the sender directly via email. Any
emails that you send to us may be monitored by systems or persons other
than the named communicant for the purposes of ascertaining whether the
communication complies with the law and company policies.

Re: Flume Verbose GC Setting

Posted by Otis Gospodnetić <ot...@gmail.com>.