Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Sanjeev Verma <sa...@gmail.com> on 2016/09/17 02:15:16 UTC

incosistent result from orc select count(*)

Hi

on hive-1.2.1 orc backed table I am running query select * from table where
id=some it is returning me some 40 rows but when I did select count(*) from
table where id= then
it is returning me 14. tried to disable compute query using stats but no
luck.

could you please help me find out the issue, is there any caching involved
here which is giving me bad results.

Thanks

Re: incosistent result from orc select count(*)

Posted by Damien Carol <da...@gmail.com>.
Could you please get hte result of this query:

*EXPLAIN EXTENDED select count(*) from table where id= <...>*