Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Billy Ng <ev...@hotmail.com> on 2002/09/10 21:15:07 UTC

Servlte-level Resource Files

Hi folks,

I don't know if anybody is doing this.  I want to move the resoruces to the servlet level which means each servlet has its own resources instead of putting the entire app's subtitutes in ApplicationResources.properties.  If you have the mechanism like this, would you please give me some points for how to do it.

Thanks!

Billy Ng

Re: Servlte-level Resource Files

Posted by Eddie Bush <ek...@swbell.net>.
James Mitchell wrote:

>It doesn't actually 'suck in' the data.  I've implemented a database call
>for getMessage() based on a few predetermined variables (current module,
>bundleKey, etc).
>
>This way you won't ever have to ask for 'reload' capabilities, because it is
>never 'loaded' to begin with.

Hey - that's slick!  Is it performant too?  How did you manage to get
the current module?  I'll have to dig through your code when I get a
chance ... sounds quite nice!

Posted by James Mitchell <jm...@telocity.com>.
It doesn't actually 'suck in' the data.  I've implemented a database call
for getMessage() based on a few predetermined variables (current module,
bundleKey, etc).

This way you won't ever have to ask for 'reload' capabilities, because it is
never 'loaded' to begin with.

James Mitchell
Software Engineer\Struts Evangelist
Struts-Atlanta, the "Open Minded Developer Network"
http://www.open-tools.org/struts-atlanta

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>
For additional commands, e-mail:
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>