Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Tom Jordahl <to...@macromedia.com> on 2005/08/04 14:30:06 UTC

RE: [Axis2] Java2WSDL?

You can't get anywhere near a 1.0 release (Beta or otherwise) without
Java2WSDL functionality, right?

Is anyone working on this?  WSDL 2.0 support would be a *huge* incentive
for non-Axis users to give Axis2 a try.  Of course you need Java2WSDL
because nobody knows how to write WSDL 2.0 yet...

Maybe WSO2 (Sanjiva's new company) will step up and do the WSDL 2.0
work?
:-)

Tom Jordahl
Macromedia Server Development

Posted by Venkat Reddy <vr...@gmail.com>.
I feel that a fairly reliable WSDL2Java (or WSDL2Code) is a must for
1.0 release. The current implementation of our WSDL2Code was not
robust enough to handle a wsdl like amazan or paypal, when i checked
last time.

Also we don't seem to generate a JUnit testcase.

- venkat

RE: [Axis2] Java2WSDL?

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk>.

Re: [Axis2] Java2WSDL?

Posted by Ajith Ranabahu <aj...@gmail.com>.
Completely agreed. in the state we are in right now, we have to do some more
work and perhaps several pre 1.0 releases :)

--
Ajith Ranabahu

Re: [Axis2] Java2WSDL?

Posted by Venkat Reddy <vr...@gmail.com>.

Re: [Axis2] Java2WSDL?

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
+1 from me

Re: [Axis2] Java2WSDL?

Posted by Glen Daniels <gl...@thoughtcraft.com>.

Re: [Axis2] Java2WSDL?

Posted by Ajith Ranabahu <aj...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

--
Ajith Ranabahu

Re: [Axis2] Java2WSDL?

Posted by jayachandra <ja...@gmail.com>.

--
-- Jaya

Re: [Axis2] Java2WSDL?

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk>.
On Thu, 2005-08-04 at 09:05 -0400, Davanum Srinivas wrote:
> Sanjiva,
>
> Java2WSDL means more that the commandline tool. It is used at runtime
> to generate WSDL from a composite of information from typemapping,
> deployment descriptors (maybe annotations) etc. Basically if we drop a
> POJO, we should be able to generate a wsdl for it at runtime. Yes,
> we'd have to let admins configure either wsdl1.1 or wsdl2.0 (or) set
> up an alternate url "?wsdl20" for wsdl2.0 and keep "?wsdl" for
> wsdl1.1.
>
> Are you ruling this out for Axis2?

Not at all.

Our deployment model calls for a WSDL to be in the .aar file. If its not
there, then its perfectly feasible for the deployment code to run
Axis1's Java2WSDL and generate one and then ?wsdl (and ?wsdl2 in the
future) can work just fine using that and augmenting it with binding and
port information.

Using Axis1's code at runtime means all the Axis1 stuff needs to be
around at runtime. What I prefer as a workaround is for the tool we're
doing to build an aar file to run Java2WSDL and to generate the WSDL
that way. Then we can fully support ?wsdl without having our own
Java2WSDL tool.

So what I'm suggesting is we do:
	Java -> WSDL -> WOM/ServiceDesc -> ?WSDL
instead of
	Java -> WOM/ServiceDesc -> ?WSDL
and doing this in the tool first rather than in the runtime.

Re: [Axis2] Java2WSDL?

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Sanjiva,

RE: [Axis2] Java2WSDL?

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk>.
On Thu, 2005-08-04 at 08:30 -0400, Tom Jordahl wrote:
> You can't get anywhere near a 1.0 release (Beta or otherwise) without
> Java2WSDL functionality, right?
>
> Is anyone working on this?  WSDL 2.0 support would be a *huge* incentive
> for non-Axis users to give Axis2 a try.  Of course you need Java2WSDL
> because nobody knows how to write WSDL 2.0 yet...
>
> Maybe WSO2 (Sanjiva's new company) will step up and do the WSDL 2.0
> work?
> :-)

;-)