Posted to users@maven.apache.org by ginni <gi...@aero.org> on 2010/11/29 22:51:41 UTC

Add parent pom project to repos?

We're thinking of using Nexus for an internal repository and would like to
know if it is possible (and how) to host parent pom projects there?  We have
a (grand)parent pom project "aero" with a parent pom child project "common"
and then modules within that which all reference common as their parent
(common references aero).  So, if a developer wants to check out one of the
modules from SVN, he would also need the common and aero poms.  Is it
advisable to do it this way? If not, what is the best practice?

Thanks!

Ginni

RE: Add parent pom project to repos?

Posted by "Yanko, Curtis" <cu...@uhc.com>.
Yes, we treat POMs as projects and they are in our CI system so any
changes committed to SVN trigger a build which deploys the POM.

________________________________

Curt Yanko | Continuous Integration Services | UnitedHealth Group IT
Making IT Happen, one build at a time, 600 times a day

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
Yes.

Posted by Ron Wheeler <rw...@artifact-software.com>.
If "Yes" is not sufficiently reassuring, I will add the following.

Yes.
You just create the required version of the parent POM project and
"deploy" it to your repo.
When you refer to it by GAV, Maven will get the right version of the POM
and apply it the way that you intended.
This works for both parents and dependencies.

Ron