Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Kevin Menard <km...@servprise.com> on 2005/07/08 05:46:44 UTC

Max. Length & String Validator

Hey all,

Are there any plans to add a max. length property to the new
StringValidator?  I remember about a year back we discussed this, and at
the time some people felt that the size could/should be limited via
HTML.  However, as was also brought up, this provides no validation in
the event that someone sends a query directly to Tapestry, ignoring the
size attribute altogether.

--
Kevin

Re: Max. Length & String Validator

Posted by Kevin Menard <km...@servprise.com>.
Paul Ferraro wrote:
> This is already in place in 4.0.  Check out
> org.apache.tapestry.form.valid.MaxLength.
> The old IValidators are only applicable to ValidField, which is
> deprecated as of 4.0.

Oops.  I was reading the validation section in the User's Guide and
didn't even notice those were the old interfaces.  Thanks for the
clarification.

Posted by Paul Ferraro <pm...@columbia.edu>.
This is already in place in 4.0.  Check out
org.apache.tapestry.form.valid.MaxLength.
The old IValidators are only applicable to ValidField, which is
deprecated as of 4.0.

Paul