Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Devireddy, Nagendra Reddy (STSD)" <na...@hp.com> on 2006/08/03 06:24:51 UTC

[users@httpd] problem while accessing a executable using apache2.0.48 server

Hi all,

I am facing some problem while access a .exe file from the server.

http://localhost:3444/test.exe <http://localhost:3444/test.exe>

Its giving the following error :

Internal Server Error
unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, admin@domain.com and inform
them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done
that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error
log.
And this is the error message in server log ..
Premature end of script headers: test.exe, referer:
http://localhost:3444/test.exe <http://localhost:3444/test.exe>
But I am able to run that exe from command line. Its generating correct
output. I have given the permissions as  rwxrwxrwx and tried. Then also
its giving the same problem.

Can some one help me on this..
Thanks in advance ..

Thanks and Regards,
Nagendra Reddy. D

Re: [users@httpd] problem while accessing a executable using apache2.0.48 server

Posted by Nick Kew <ni...@webthing.com>.
On Thursday 03 August 2006 05:24, Devireddy, Nagendra Reddy (STSD) wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am facing some problem while access a .exe file from the server.

The keyword you're looking for in TFM is CGI.

--
Nick Kew

RE: [users@httpd] problem while accessing a executable using apache2.0.48 server

Posted by Declerck Michael-W30479 <W3...@motorola.com>.
> I have given the permissions as  rwxrwxrwx and
> tried. Then also its giving the same problem.

Who owns the executable?
I am by no means an Apache expert, but you may want to play around with
the user and group ownership.
Most executables are chown'ed and chgrp'ed by root (at least in my
distros bin).
You could be having issues there...

However, you will see many "premature end of script headers" in my
Apache error_log simply because I use my Apache server to test my web
scripts after I change them :) . That message usually occurs because of
a scripting error.
But you are running an executable, not a perl script, and I see that the
referrer did not give you a line where the error occured.

I would maybe resinstall the program as well.

Just some suggestions,
Michael DeClerck