Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Dennis Brinley <De...@solace.com> on 2022/06/08 17:18:39 UTC

RE: Re: BEAM-14479 Dependency license questions

Thanks for the replies and sorry for the delayed response. I think a little more context will be helpful.

The IO is to stream to and from a Pub Sub event broker, and the Pub Sub Broker (Solace) and the APIs to connect to it is free, but not fully open source. The dependency is available publicly as a binary in maven central. GAV=com.solacesystems, sol-jcsmp, 10.14.0 (latest)

The broker (Solace), and API Library can be downloaded from here: https://solace.com/downloads/
and the documentation and samples are here: https://www.solace.dev/

We have a few users using the IO, as you can see in the blog referenced below, and we would like it available to the community.
https://cloud.google.com/blog/products/data-analytics/how-grasshopper-uses-bigquery-and-cloud-dataflow-for-their-real-time-financial-data-app

Can you please guide us the path forward on handling the non open source API libraries?

*** I’m sending this via email client since I don’t have logon access to apach.org mail service. Here is the thread in case this response doesn’t get linked: https://lists.apache.org/thread/3oxkrmcon0jd9qgkd8brx05jm69pfvs8

Thx,
Dennis