Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Weldon Washburn <we...@gmail.com> on 2006/06/22 15:03:04 UTC

[SableVM] please tell us the status of the Apache License 2.0

Etienne,

My apologies if its already been disclosed on harmony-dev.  I searched
for 20 minutes and could not find anything more recent than:

http://sablevm.org/lists/sablevm-devel/2006-March/000620.html

--
Weldon Washburn
Intel Middleware Products Division

Re: [SableVM] please tell us the status of the Apache License 2.0

Posted by Geir Magnusson Jr <ge...@pobox.com>.

Weldon Washburn wrote:
> I am not currently working on the classlibadapter project.  Etienne,
> is this project interesting to you?

What does it take to get this finished?  I think we should - it seems
very useful...

geir

Re: [SableVM] please tell us the status of the Apache License 2.0

Posted by Weldon Washburn <we...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com>.

Posted by Etienne Gagnon <eg...@sablevm.org>.
Hi all,

Yes, I'm still alive...  I've been overloaded by work, so I took a leave
from reading/answering mailing-lists, over the last month.

OK.  Here's the status:  SableVM's trunk is licensed under the AL2, yet,
as the Harmony porting is not yet functional, there is no release yet of
that code.  The last release was under the LGPL, that's why the web page
still says LGPL.

To be sincere, I should admit that we need more people to help with the
Harmony transition.  Given the DLRVM contribution, it should be even
easier to achieve the core classes re-implementation.  Any volunteer
should express himself on the SableVM mailing list.

Thanks,

Etienne

Etienne M. Gagnon, Ph.D.                             egagnon@j-meg.com
President                                      http://www.sablevm.org/
J-Meg inc.                                     http://www.sablecc.org/

Re: [SableVM] please tell us the status of the Apache License 2.0

Posted by Weldon Washburn <we...@gmail.com>.
Nektarios,

Posted by "Nektarios K. Papadopoulos" <np...@inaccessnetworks.com>.