Posted to legal-discuss@apache.org by Sagar <ku...@gmail.com> on 2017/08/05 17:29:08 UTC

Need details to generate keystore for android application release

Hi,

I am Sagar for Taverna project. We need to release taverna-mobile project
and for that, we need to generate keystore and i need to fill some details
in it. I asked on the developer mailing list and they said me to ask it on
here. So it will be great if you provide me with the following details.

    - First and Last name
    - Organizational unit
    - Organization
    - City or Locality
    - State or Province
    - Country Code

--

Warmest regards
Sagar

Re: Need details to generate keystore for android application release

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 15 August 2017 11:01:22 BST, Ian William Dunlop <ia...@apache.org> wrote:
>Hello,
>
>Just to follow up on Sagar's question. This is for a release of Taverna
>Mobile for Android in the Google Play store. These are the details we
>need so that we can generate the certificate for it. What details
>should we use for things like First/Last name - someone on the project?
>Is the Organizational unit "Taverna Incubator"? Organization "Apache
>Software Foundation"? Can we use these address details "Apache Software
>Foundation 401 Edgewater Place, Suite 600 Wakefield, MA 01880 U.S.A" ?
>
>Some clarity on this issue would be much appreciated since this will be
>a publically available release and we want to ensure we use the correct
>ASF details. I'm not sure if the ASF has released anything via Google
>Play before though they may well released apps on the Apple iStore.
>Perhaps they required similar details.
>
>Cheers,
>
>Ian
>

>On 2017-08-05 18:29, Sagar <ku...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am Sagar for Taverna project. We need to release taverna-mobile
>project
>> and for that, we need to generate keystore and i need to fill some
>details
>> in it. I asked on the developer mailing list and they said me to ask
>it on
>> here. So it will be great if you provide me with the following
>details.
>>
>>     - First and Last name
>>     - Organizational unit
>>     - Organization
>>     - City or Locality
>>     - State or Province
>>     - Country Code
>>
>> --
>>
>> Warmest regards
>> Sagar
>> Student,(8th Semester )
>> B.Tech IT and Mathematical innovation
>> Cluster Innovation Centre
>> University of Delhi

This is a question for the infra team. They manage the ASF accounts for code signing.

Mark

Re: Need details to generate keystore for android application release