Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by "McRoy, Jeffrey (GE Healthcare)" <Je...@ge.com> on 2019/02/21 23:10:50 UTC

guacd timeout waiting for a connection

Hi Everyone,

Is it possible to set the amount of time guacd waits for a connection using the protocols it supports (VNC, Telnet, etc.)?

Regards,

Jeff

Re: guacd timeout waiting for a connection

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Feb 21, 2019 at 6:11 PM McRoy, Jeffrey (GE Healthcare) <
Jeffrey.McRoy@ge.com> wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>

> Is it possible to set the amount of time guacd waits for a connection
> using the protocols it supports (VNC, Telnet, etc.)?

Jeff,
The answer (I think) is, it depends.  First, configuring the timeout is not
currently implemented in Guacamole, so it's going to require some
modifications  There is a JIRA issue out there for it -
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GUACAMOLE-600 - and I started working
on this and investigating possible ways to do it, and it looks like some of
the underlying libraries don't support configuring this value.  In
particular, the FreeRDP and libvncclient libraries don't really have a way
to specify this, and they provide the wrapper around the actual underlying
socket calls, so I'm not sure how doable this is.  Maybe it would be
possible within the guacd to somehow wrap the calls and implement a
timeout, anyway, not sure - maybe some of the other developers can comment
on that.

-Nick