Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by J B <mo...@gmail.com> on 2006/01/11 16:23:28 UTC

not working properly

In our SVG document, we would like to render a list of links.  We are
rendering them similar to the following:

<a xlink:href="http://www.google.com">Google</a>

We have also tried removing the xlink namespage on the href attribute.

However, this does not have the desired effect (none).  Ideally, it would
spawn the system default browser, but I imagine this is not the behavior
everyone would want.  Is there any built in support for handling external
links?  Or do we need to register a listener in the java class which in turn
can handle the external link request?

Thanks!

Birch

Re: not working properly

Posted by J B <mo...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the information Tom.  I really appreciate it.  I will have my
team try out your suggestions today.

Birch

On 1/22/06, thomas.deweese@kodak.com <th...@kodak.com> wrote:

> Hi Birch,
>
> J B <mo...@gmail.com> wrote on 01/20/2006 01:22:59 PM:
>
> > Here is a test case.  We are attaching dom eventlisteners to objects to
> handle
> > popup menus.  there seems to be some wierdness when dom events and
> xlink:
> > href's are combined.
>
>    Actually the problem is the toggling of 'display' on the 'a' element.
>
> > To recreate the error, right click on the black box, the
> > click the little box in the lower right hand corner.  The first time you
> click
> > it, it will fire one openLink() call.  The second, it will ifre two and
> so on.
>
>    So I have a fix for this part of this, however it 'breaks' your
> example.
> Because you 'undisplay' the 'a' element in the 'capture' phase before the
> click get's to the 'a' element.  The fix unregisters the click listener
> when
> the element becomes undisplayed.  I may look at other ways to manage this
> in
> the future as this 'feels' a little odd, but I doubt there is anything to
> say
> that this is truly wrong - doing things during capture is likely to lead
> 'strangeness'.
>
>    There are two main work around for this:
>         1) move your undisplay code to the 'bubble' phase.
>         2) switch to toggling visibility rather than display.
>
> > Am I doing something stupid?
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > Birch
>
> > On 1/20/06, thomas.deweese@kodak.com < thomas.deweese@kodak.com> wrote:
> > Hi Birch,
> >
> >         Can you provide a small reproducible test case?
> >
> > J B <mo...@gmail.com> wrote on 01/19/2006 09:18:58 PM:
> >
> > > That's the confusing thing.  I am not calling addListener at all.  I
> > simply
> > > extended SVGUserAgentAdapter and overrode the openLink method.  I am
> > assuming
> > > the adding of event handlers is done underneath somewhere.
> > >
> > > Birch

> link
> > is
> THe
> > times and

> > > It sounds like you're calling an addListener routine once per link
> > click,
> > > when you should be calling it just once overall.
> > >
> > > --Z
> > >
> > > --
> > > "And Aholibamah bare Jeush, and Jaalam, and Korah: these were the
> > borogoves..."
> > > *
> > > 9/11 did change everything. Since 9/12, the biggest threat to American
> > > society has been the American president. I'd call that a change.

Re: not working properly

Posted by th...@kodak.com.

Re: not working properly

Posted by J B <mo...@gmail.com>.
Here is a test case.  We are attaching dom eventlisteners to objects to
handle popup menus.  there seems to be some wierdness when dom events and
xlink:href's are combined.  To recreate the error, right click on the black

Re: not working properly

Posted by J B <mo...@gmail.com>.

Re: not working properly

Posted by Andrew Plotkin <er...@eblong.com>.