Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Marcus Popetz <ma...@roundpeg.com> on 2009/05/04 15:05:21 UTC

DnDSortableHandler + modal window problems?

Anyone out there run into problems using DnDSortableHandler (Jquery's
sortable list) and opening a modal window causing further dragging to
fail?

The problem I'm seeing:

DnDSortableHandler works fine until I edit one of the items in the
sortable list in a modal window.

Upon close of the modal window, Anything I add to the target to be
rerendered upon close ends up no longer draggable. (ie:  if I rerender
just the row in the list that was edited, that one can't be moved but
the others can, if I rerender the whole sortable list that contained
the edited item, nothing is the list is draggable but other lists on
the page are.  If I add the entire form to the target for rerendering,
nothing is draggable in my other lists either.

By not draggable, I mean  you click and drag and it selects the text
instead of moving the item.

In the case of rerendering the one list or one row, if I then drag
something else that wasn't rerendered and then go back and try the
stubborn items again...it all works fine.

Anyone seen this?

Sorry, no public url on this one as it requires login.  Happy to
provide more info though, just let me know what.

-mp

Re: DnDSortableHandler + modal window problems?

Posted by Marcus Popetz <mp...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, May 4, 2009 at 9:44 AM, Serkan Camurcuoglu
<Se...@telenity.com> wrote:
> though I've never used DnDSortableHandler, I guess you need to append some
> javascript to the ajaxrequesttarget to convert the items you've added into
> draggable items.. In my experience most jquery plugins work by initializing
> the selected elements during document's onload() or domready(), and you may
> need to do the same for the elements that you've just added to the
> document..

Not a jquery expert, so my apologies if I didn't understand that, but
It's actually not adding a new item.   I'm just editing properties of
existing items and rerendering the row so that the label shows the
refreshed data so they're already controlled and registered with
jquery...

Posted by Serkan Camurcuoglu <Se...@telenity.com>.