Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by "Brekke, Jeff" <Je...@qg.com> on 2002/02/01 04:56:33 UTC

t2 build updated with more testing options

FYI:

I've added a seperate ant buildfile for unit tests and integration run-time
tests ( ala cactus, like t3's build ).  To run the unit tests:

ant -buildfile build-test.xml

and to run the cactus tests:

ant -buildfile build-test.xml test-servlet

Currently there aren't many tests.  The one unit test, CriteriaTest runs
without error.  The other tests that were existing were a test for the
xmlrpc file handler and tests for the GlobalCache service.  The xmlrpc tests
are being compiled but execution is skipped currently since this was
pre-cactus and need to be updated.  The cache test will run, but currently
is failing.  I didn't change any code ( execept to start turbine for the
cache test ) with this commit.  This shouldn't effect the gump builds since
gump is still using the build/build.xml scripts.

I'm not exactly sure about the reasons why the cache test is failing.  Seems
that the testObjectCount() test case may be in error.  It is adding an
object to the cache, tests that it is there, then waits the same amount of
time that it is set to expire, and checks that it is still there, and it is
not. Since it expired?  I'm not sure about the intended behavior of the
patches to the cache, so I left it failing.

jb

Re: t2 build updated with more testing options

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>.
Paul Spencer <pa...@apache.org> writes:

> Jeff,
> The cache test where written for Junit 3.7.  The test will NOT compile
> with Junit 3.2, which is in the current turbine-2 library. Should
> Cactus, Junit, and Log4j be upgraded to the current released versions?
>

> I get these errors when running the following errors when servlet
> test. The TurbineCacheTest does run successfully, in my case the
> entire test took 4.5 minutes.  As to the log4j errors, they appear to
> be configuration related, but I do not know what need to be configured
> :(
>
> turbine-servlet-tests:
>      [junit] log4j:ERROR No appenders could be found for category
>      (org.apache.turbine.services.cache.TurbineCacheTest).
>      [junit] log4j:ERROR Please initialize the log4j system properly.
>       [java] log4j:ERROR No appenders could be found for category
>       (org.apache.turbine.services.cache.TurbineCacheTest).

That's correct.  T2 should definitely be using JUnit 3.7, and any
bundled JUnit tests in T2 should be updated.  Note that I'm not
volunteering, as I don't have the time these days...  ;)

Dan

Re: t2 build updated with more testing options

Posted by Paul Spencer <pa...@apache.org>.
Jeff,
The cache test where written for Junit 3.7.  The test will NOT compile
with Junit 3.2, which is in the current turbine-2 library. Should
Cactus, Junit, and Log4j be upgraded to the current released versions?

I get these errors when running the following errors when servlet test.
  The TurbineCacheTest does run successfully, in my case the entire test
took 4.5 minutes.  As to the log4j errors, they appear to be
configuration related, but I do not know what need to be configured :(

turbine-servlet-tests:
     [junit] log4j:ERROR No appenders could be found for category
(org.apache.turbine.services.cache.TurbineCacheTest).
     [junit] log4j:ERROR Please initialize the log4j system properly.
      [java] log4j:ERROR No appenders could be found for category
(org.apache.turbine.services.cache.TurbineCacheTest).

 > I'm not exactly sure about the reasons why the cache test is failing.
  Seems
 > that the testObjectCount() test case may be in error.  It is adding an
 > object to the cache, tests that it is there, then waits the same
amount of
 > time that it is set to expire, and checks that it is still there, and
it is
 > not. Since it expired?  I'm not sure about the intended behavior of the
 > patches to the cache, so I left it failing.

I am not seeing this error.  The test should wait for the object to
expire AND the object to be removed from the cache before testing the
count.  This is because cached objects are not removed from the cache
until a pass is made through the objects removing expired objects.

Paul Spencer