Posted to user@lucenenet.apache.org by Michael Barbarelli <mb...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/06 21:56:09 UTC

Problem creating RAMDirectory - The given path's format is not supported.

I'm at my wits end with the following.  Has anyone encountered this
before?  Thank you very much in advance.

The given path's format is not supported.

Exception Details: System.NotSupportedException: The given path's
format is not supported.

Source Error:

Line 342:            this.indexDirectory = @"C:\obi_index_backup";
Line 343:
Line 344:            Lucene.Net.Store.Directory ramDir = new
RAMDirectory(this.indexDirectory);
Line 345:
Line 346:            this.searcher = new IndexSearcher(ramDir);

Re: Problem creating RAMDirectory - The given path's format is not supported.

Posted by Michael Barbarelli <mb...@gmail.com>.
George,

You asked about FSDirectory.  Well using it seems to have blown away my

See below.

 Could not find file 'C:\obi_index\segments'.

Exception Details: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file
'C:\obi_index\segments'.

Source Error:

Line 110:            FSDirectory fsDir = FSDirectory.GetDirectory(
this.indexDirectory, true);
Line 111:
Line 112:            this.searcher = new IndexSearcher(fsDir);
Line 113:
Line 114:            // parse the query, "company_name" is the default field
to search

Source File: c:\Documents and Settings\michael.barbarelli\My
Documents\Visual Studio 2005\WebSites\SmartAlec\Matcher.aspx.cs    Line: 112

Stack Trace:

[FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\obi_index\segments'.]
   System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
+2013725
   System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access,
Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize,
FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean
bFromProxy) +998
   System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access,
FileShare share) +114
   Lucene.Net.Store.FSInputStream..ctor(FileInfo path) +80
   Lucene.Net.Store.FSDirectory.OpenFile(String name) +73
   Lucene.Net.Index.SegmentInfos.Read(Directory directory) +38
   Lucene.Net.Index.IndexReaderLockWith.DoBody() +71
   Lucene.Net.Store.With.Run() +59
   Lucene.Net.Index.IndexReader.Open(Directory directory) +102
   Lucene.Net.Search.IndexSearcher..ctor(Directory directory) +11
   Matcher.Search.search(String inputQuery) in c:\Documents and
Settings\michael.barbarelli\My Documents\Visual Studio
2005\WebSites\SmartAlec\Matcher.aspx.cs:112
   Matcher.Search.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\Documents and
Settings\michael.barbarelli\My Documents\Visual Studio
2005\WebSites\SmartAlec\Matcher.aspx.cs:89
   System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o,
Object t, EventArgs e) +13
   System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender,
EventArgs e) +45
includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3743