Posted to user@helix.apache.org by Ming Fang <mi...@mac.com> on 2013/03/11 07:25:23 UTC

What is the purpose of InstanceConfig hostname and port

The InstanceConfig hostname and port seems to be for informational purpose only.
Yet if they are not set it causes NPE in InstanceConfig.equals() and in RoutingTableProvider.addEntry() line 244.
I can set some dummy value in there to avoid the errors.
Am I missing something?

Re: What is the purpose of InstanceConfig hostname and port

Posted by kishore g <g....@gmail.com>.
You are right, its only for information purpose and its used to come up
with a unique id ( host_port). You can set a dummy value to avoid the
errors.

Can you please file a jira.