Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by John Wagenleitner <jo...@gmail.com> on 2010/06/24 01:58:09 UTC

REST client authentication

Working with ActiveMQ 5.3.2 MessageServlet (REST client) and am trying to
figure how it supports authentication.  Based on the code it doesn't appear
to pass any authentication to the connection.  I would like to reuse the
security already defined in our activemq.xml file for securing
topics/queues.

Does the REST client support authentication directly or would I have to
duplicate the security in our webapp container?

Re: REST client authentication

Posted by Dejan Bosanac <de...@nighttale.net>.
Hi John,

REST servlet is just one client to the broker and if you want to use it with
secured broker you should do something like this

http://activemq.apache.org/security.html#Security-WebConsole

For securing access to the REST API, I'd suggest looking at

http://activemq.apache.org/web-console.html#WebConsole-SecuringWebConsole

<http://activemq.apache.org/web-console.html#WebConsole-SecuringWebConsole>
Cheers

Blog - http://www.nighttale.net