Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Justin Mclean <ju...@me.com> on 2017/09/27 08:59:19 UTC

Re: [3/4] git commit: [flex-asjs] [refs/heads/develop] - Allow drag and drop item renderers to be more that simpkle labels.

Hi,

This doesn’t look very PAYG to me. Wouldn’t the code be better off in another class?

Thanks,
Justin

Posted by Yishay Weiss <yi...@hotmail.com>.
There’s no change in PAYG rules. My guideline was to not add anything significant to runtime cost or download size by enhancing the bead. I may have missed something, so if there’s a specific line number that you see which is adding to either of those please let me know.

We did have a concern regarding elements being swapped In runtime, but that is fixed in 95922ad776e39208e3d515bd7a484219779271d1.

Thanks.

> Possibly. Which part adds overhead in your opinion?

In that it a feature that not all users may use that's being implemented by conditional logic so it adds to both run time and possibly size cost. While that cost would be small in the past on the Flex list code similar to this has been called out as not PAYG and it’s been suggested to move it to a new class. It may however be that PAYG is now less strict and that adding new features in this way is now acceptable?

Thanks,
Justin

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@me.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Piotr Zarzycki <pi...@gmail.com>.
Yishay,

Thank you! I found that the docs when I'm doing something with unknown
components helped me to get an idea how to use it. That is why I'm pushing
about that whenever I can. Btw. I like this new name for the function. :)

Piotr

--

Piotr Zarzycki

mobile: +48 880 859 557
skype: zarzycki10

LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/piotrzarzycki
<https://pl.linkedin.com/in/piotr-zarzycki-92a53552>

GitHub: https://github.com/piotrzarzycki21

Posted by yishayw <yi...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by Piotr Zarzycki <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Yishay,

Could you please add some description for getByType function with version
information etc.

Thanks,
Piotr