Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Alec Swan <al...@gmail.com> on 2011/04/25 01:57:32 UTC

Displaying error in renderComponent() causes "Component-targetted feedback message was left unrendered." @L

Hello,

I have a custom component which extends AjaxEditableMultiLineLabel
with a model that sometimes throws a RuntimeException in
Model#getObject() when component is being rendered. However, the
message does not get displayed on the Feedback panel which is attached
to the WebPage until the page is refreshed. Also, the following
exception is being logged:
"Component-targetted feedback message was left unrendered. This could
be because you are missing a FeedbackPanel on the page."

My guess is that the child's Component#renderComponent() method is
called after the Feedback panel on the parent page has been rendered,
hence the error message is not displayed until the page is refreshed.
Is there any way to display the error message in this scenario without
adding a Feedback panel to the child component?

Thanks,

Alec