Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Marcelo Souza <mp...@centroin.com.br> on 2000/06/14 19:36:44 UTC

Apache::ASP on Unix

Hi,

	Does anyone is using this module?
	Is it full compatible with IIS for asp pages?
	And what about security, is there any issue?

Thanks,

- Marcelo

Re: Apache::ASP on Unix

Posted by Julio Sánchez Fernández <j_...@stl.es>.

Paul Lindner wrote:

> No.  It does not use visual basic.  It uses Perl.  Otherwise, all of
> the same concepts are there: Application, Session, Request and
> Response objects, etc.

I have only read the source, but asp2php has an additional program
asp2perl that might be used to get a first cut of a translation into
Apache::ASP.  I have the feeling that it was written for ActiveState's
implementation.

Julio

Re: Apache::ASP on Unix

Posted by Paul Lindner <pl...@redhat.com>.
On Wed, Jun 14, 2000 at 02:36:44PM -0300, Marcelo Souza wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 	Does anyone is using this module?

Many are..

> 	Is it full compatible with IIS for asp pages?

No.  It does not use visual basic.  It uses Perl.  Otherwise, all of
the same concepts are there: Application, Session, Request and
Response objects, etc.

> 	And what about security, is there any issue?

What issues?

--
Paul Lindner
plindner@redhat.com