Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Laura Stewart <sc...@gmail.com> on 2007/02/15 21:12:20 UTC

Time delay on svn commit messages?

I committed a patch for Derby-2137.  In my command window, it
indicates that the file was sent and returns "Committed revision
508113".  But nothing is showing up in derby-dev or in the JIRA page
about the commit.

I never noticed a long time delay before between the act of committing
and the notifications on derby-dev etc.  Or am I just being overly
anxious :-)

--
Laura Stewart

Re: Time delay on svn commit messages?

Posted by Andrew McIntyre <mc...@gmail.com>.
On 2/15/07, Laura Stewart <sc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I committed a patch for Derby-2137.  In my command window, it
> indicates that the file was sent and returns "Committed revision
> 508113".  But nothing is showing up in derby-dev or in the JIRA page
> about the commit.
>
> I never noticed a long time delay before between the act of committing
> and the notifications on derby-dev etc.  Or am I just being overly
> anxious :-)

There is a slight delay, I think about 10 minutes, for items to appear
in JIRA, as that's how often JIRA checks for new svn log messages. If
you committed right after the last time it checked, it could take 10
minutes.

I got the commit message that went to derby-commits. The archives
update less frequently, about 15 minutes to a half hour, so don't be
surprised if there's a longer delay for it to show up there.

andrew