Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Prasanna Chetty <pc...@cordys.com> on 2003/04/26 11:23:52 UTC

RE: Linked images are not rendered in the rasterized image if th e xl ink:href is pointing to URL ?

Hi,
	It is working in both Rasterizer and Squiggle if the URL refers to
the images either in Internet or internet. But if the same image is in the
Local system and if the image is referred images through HTTP URL, it's not
working.Please look at the example below,

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<!DOCTYPE svg PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD SVG 20010904//EN"
"http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/REC-SVG-20010904/DTD/svg10.dtd" []>
<svg width="790" height="836" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg"
	<image height="18" width="18" x="82" y="68"
xlink:href="http://computer1330/images/image1.jpg"/>
</svg>

When I try to rasterize the above SVG from the same system(computer1330),
The image is not rendered in the generated jpg/png. But if the image is on
different system in my LAN/Internet , the same is not getting rendered.  I
tried even by replacing the system name with localhost. Still it's not
working. Same problem exists with Squiggle too.

Any solution?