Posted to users@isis.apache.org by Emiliano Pereyra <em...@gmail.com> on 2018/12/04 03:24:01 UTC

Problem with Datanucleus generateSchema.mode Property

Hi all
I am starting to use the simple archetype for my application, and I changed
the database to PostgreSQL. Up here without problems.

But when I configure the
"isis.persistor.datanucleus.impl.datanucleus.generateSchema.database.mode =
drop-and-create" property in the persistor_datanucleus.properties file, the
"clean install" process fails with this error:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.isis.tool: isis-maven-plugin:
1.16.2: swagger (default) on project sge-webapp: Execution default of goal
org.apache.isis.tool: isis-maven -plugin: 1.16.2: swagger failed: No
classes! -> [Help 1]

I also tried adding the property <property name =
"datanucleus.generateSchema.database.mode" value = "drop-and-create" /> to
the persistence.xml file, but this option has no effect.

So, how do I configure Datanucleus so that during the execution process of
jetty (webapp) the PostgreSQL database can be deleted and created from 0

Thanks for your help.

--
Emiliano Pereyra <http://twitter.com/emmiepereyra>

Re: Problem with Datanucleus generateSchema.mode Property

Posted by Dan Haywood <da...@haywood-associates.co.uk>.
This error is being thrown by the Isis maven mojo, but is probably
obscuring a different issue, eg maybe one of your entities uses a reserved
name in postgresql.

Try running without that plugin, either comment it out in the pom.xml or
deactivate the profile that contains it (from memory, you should be able to
do this by adding the -Dskip.swagger system property), and see if you get a
more complete error message.

Or, you could also run mvn with -X for extra debug info, might provide a
clue.

Hth,
Dan.