Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org> on 2011/10/14 23:53:59 UTC

ANNOUNCE: Stump Hoss @ Lucene EuroCon

Hey everybody,

Next week, Lucene EuroCon will be invading Barcelona Spain, and I will
once again be in the hot seat for a session of Stump The Chump.

   http://2011.lucene-eurocon.org/talks/20863

During the session, moderator and former "Chump" Grant Ingersoll will
present me with tough Lucene/Solr questions submitted by users, to see
what kind of solutions I can come up with on the spot.  Jan Høydahl, Mark
Miller, and Yonik Seeley will be on hand as judges to award prizes for the
questions that "stump" me the most...

  * 1st Prize: $100 (USD) gift certificate or cash prize
  * 2nd Prize: $50 (USD) gift certificate or cash prize
  * 3rd Prize: $25 (USD) gift certificate or cash prize

The goal is to really make me sweat and work hard to think of creative
solutions to non-trivial problems on the spot -- like when I answer
questions on the solr-user mailing list, except in a crowded room with
hundreds of people staring at me and laughing.

But in order to be a success, we need your questions/problems/challenges!

If you had a tough situation with Solr that you managed to solve with a
creative solution (or haven't solved yet) and are interesting to see what
type of solution I might come up with under pressure, please email a
description of your problem to "stump@lucene-eurocon.org" or post it as a
comment on the the session page:

   http://2011.lucene-eurocon.org/talks/20863

Even if you won't be able to make it to Barcelona, you can still
participate: email your question (along with a method to contact you) and
you can watch me squirm later when we post video of the session on online.
If you can make it to Barcelona: all the more fun to watch live and in
person (and maybe answer follow up questions).

-Hoss