Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by Mike Y <ke...@yahoo.com> on 2004/10/27 23:23:45 UTC

follow up problem...

Well, I have it compiled and it seems to be sort of
working, but my server console is returning:

[INFO] HttpMethodBase -- Discarding Unexpected
Response: HTTP/1.1 Continue

I'm connecting to IIS, a fairly recent incarnation (I
think).

I'm also getting a failure in my app itself on the
response -- at least I'm getting a response -- and I
wonder if this might be related to some deeper problem?

Re: follow up problem...

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
Mike,

Apparently IIS is having an HTTP spec compliance problem. It insists on
sending '100-Continue' response even though it has not been asked to do
so. Enable 'expect-continue' handshake to keep IIS happy

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/apidocs/org/apache/commons/httpclient/methods/ExpectContinueMethod.html#setUseExpectHeader(boolean)

Oleg