Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Dave Viner <da...@pobox.com> on 2006/11/03 22:12:30 UTC

(32) broken pipe

hi all,

i'm seeing a lot of these messages in my error log:

(32)Broken pipe: core_output_filter: writing data to the network

sometimes it appears by itself, other times, it is paired with this
message:
(104)Connection reset by peer: core_output_filter: writing data to
the network

what does this error indicate?  does this mean that a user has
clicked the stop button while the page is loading?

thanks
dave

Re: (32) broken pipe

Posted by Perrin Harkins <pe...@elem.com>.
On Fri, 2006-11-03 at 13:12 -0800, Dave Viner wrote:
> what does this error indicate?  does this mean that a user has
> clicked the stop button while the page is loading?

It can mean that, or that your network is behaving in a flaky way, or if
you have mod_ssl on it can mean that you're dealing with a browser which
demands some specific settings that you haven't enabled.

- Perrin