Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Sandy McPherson <al...@webmind.nl> on 2000/10/02 10:03:56 UTC

RE: Basic question: How do I get the equivolent of console messages for Tomcat?

They go to stdout and stderr which means that unless you redirect the output
to a file they go to the tty from which tomcat was started.

On Linux/UNIX

tomcat.sh start > $TOMCAT_HOME/logs/system.out 2>
$TOMCAT_HOME/logs/system.out

or something along those lines. If you want to view it as it is written do

tail -f $TOMCAT_HOME/logs/system.out

Can't help you on Win32, sorry (unless of course you have cygwin32!)

Posted by Gerard Monsen <ge...@legalvista.com>.
         Thanks!  That was perfect!

                Gerard Monsen