Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mufaddal Khumri <mu...@wmotion.com> on 2003/09/30 07:18:30 UTC

Problem regarding a popup related to: org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap

Hello,

I get a pop up icon for org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap on
my doc on MAC OS X when I click on the link in my web app which
generates
and sends a pdf file to the client browser. Once this popup is there
the application
works as expected, but if I quit this popup, tomcat shuts off
automatically.
Catalina.out doesn't show any log information for this action.

If I run the same web app on Windows XP I do not get any pop ups. Here
is the
configuration of both platforms that I tested on,

Platform: Mac OS X (10.2.6), Tomcat 4.1.18, jdk 1.4.1
Platform: Windows XP, Tomcat 4.1.18, jdk 1.4.1

 From my search on the web, for this strange pop up behaviour, I learnt
that
org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap is used to load the jar files at
the application
level. Here is the list of jar files that I use and are in WEB-INF/lib
forlder of my application:

1. avalon-framework.jar
2. Batik.jar
3. fop.jar
4. xalan.jar
5. mysql-connector.jar

(The first 4 are used in the pdf generation and the 5th jar is the
mysql jdbc driver)

I don't want this popup icon to appear in my doc of MAC OS X. Can
anybody
suggest as to what could be the reason for this pop up and what could be
done so that it would not show up?

Thanks,
Mufaddal.