Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Fabrizio Milo aka misto <mi...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/22 01:40:38 UTC

UseCompressedStrings

Hi everyone,

in the tuning guide is mentioned to use the flag UseCompressedStrings
for optimization, but when I launch it on the latest java machine I
get this warning:

Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM warning: ignoring option
UseCompressedStrings; support was removed in 7.0

https://spark.incubator.apache.org/docs/latest/tuning.html#tuning-data-structures

Fabrizio
--
LinkedIn: http://linkedin.com/in/fmilo
Twitter: @fabmilo

Re: UseCompressedStrings

Posted by Shivaram Venkataraman <sh...@eecs.berkeley.edu>.
Right - UseCompressedStrings has been removed from the JVM in 7.0. We
should update our docs to reflect this.

Thanks
Shivaram