Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Abhinandan Prateek <Ab...@citrix.com> on 2013/02/13 06:20:20 UTC

[ACS4.2] test plan review: Dynamic Scaling up of CPU and RAM

Nitin,

  Please review the following test plan for your 4.2 feature and sign off.
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Scaling+up+CPU+and+R
AM+for+running+Vms

Chip,
  Thanks for pointing out the right version.

-abhi

Re: [ACS4.2] test plan review: Dynamic Scaling up of CPU and RAM

Posted by Nitin Mehta <Ni...@citrix.com>.
Some initial feedback..

Its not capability but capacity - plz understand the difference ?

#2 & #5 are repeat

For - User VM  CPU/ RAM scale up  -> try and see when the cluster crosses
the disable threshold - when the host has capacity and cluster doesn't and
vice versa.

Try for achieving race condition like upgrading too many vms in the same
host.

Try and trigger HA during the operation

Try detach and attach of volume.

#20 - #38 all operations will fail.

#43 - #58 - can you name the cases properly and say repeat whenever you
repeating them (like for cpu and ram u repeating them)

Try unmanaging / disabling the cluster.

Restart MS.

Host in maintenance.

Thanks,